School Based Apprenticeships
School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs) are available to school students in Year 10 or the beginning of Year 11. Combining 1 day per week of training and 1 day per week on-the-job, SBATs are a great way of capturing those who know what they want to do at a younger age.
By 31 December of the HSC school year, SBATs must have worked a minimum of 130 days. These work days can include more than one day per week during school holidays.
- An SBAT can work more days in peak periods
- Head start in your career
- Nationally recognised qualification
- Opportunity to earn and learn
- Gain skills to transition out of school
- Move into the second year of your apprenticeship on completing your HSC