School Based Traineeships
- School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs) are available to school students in Year 10 or the beginning of Year 11 and combine 1 day per week of training and 1 day per week on-the-job.
- By 31 December of the HSC school year, SBATs must have worked a minimum of 130 days. These work days can include more than one day per week during school holidays.
- An automotive SBAT employed under the Vehicle Manufacturing, Repair, Services and Retail Award 2010 is only paid for work on-the-job at 125% of the rate for a full time apprentice. Time in training, is unpaid. This equates to the same rate as a full time apprentice.
- SBATs make a greater commitment to their Apprenticeship/Traineeship – It’s part of their schooling.
- Employers have an opportunity to develop younger apprentices into the type of employee they are looking for.
- An SBAT can work more days in peak periods.
- The regular work day can cover your other apprentices when they are training.
Interested in becoming a host employer? Call (02) 9891 6900