Do you have a school leaver at home that is considering becoming either a;
- Car Mechanic
- Truck Mechanic
- Panel Beater
- Vehicle Spray Painter
- Automotive Parts Interpreter
At Apprenticeships Are Us, we understand that parents like to be in the loop and have a sound understanding of what their child is doing throughout the tenure of their apprenticeship.
We are a GTO (Group Training Organisation)
Apprenticeships Are Us is a Group Training Organisation (GTO) that has been supplying quality apprentices to the automotive industry for over a decade. Our management boasts over 100 years of experience in the industry.
Working with Commonwealth and State Governments, Registered Training Organisations and the school system, we are at the forefront of addressing the skills shortage in the automotive industry. Apprenticeships Are Us is a not for profit organisation where all surpluses are put back into the industry for the direct benefit of its clients.
Apprenticeships Are Us differentiates itself from other group training organisations through only servicing the automotive industry. We represent the industry at Careers Fairs, Trade Expos, State and Federal Government forums, vocational education and training working groups, and regular meetings with interested stakeholders. We are dedicated to developing the future tradespeople of the Automotive Industry.
You might be asking, what’s a Group Training Organisation? Group Training is a training and employment arrangement where an organisation, known as a Group Training Organisation or GTO, employs apprentices and trainees under an Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract and places them with host employers. A GTO assumes the employer responsibilities for the quality and continuity of the apprentices’ and trainees’ employment and training. The GTO also manages the additional care and support necessary to achieve the successful completion of the training contract.
We assume the employer responsibilities for the quality and continuity of apprentices’ and trainees’ employment and training. We manage the additional care and support necessary to achieve the successful completion of the training contract.
The benefits of Group Training:
- Because you are employed by Apprenticeships Are Us, we will work with you to find another placement to continue your apprenticeship/traineeship, should your host employer be unable to continue employing you.
- You are paid while you learn and undertake your apprenticeship.
- You have the flexibility to rotate host employers and gain the full breadth of skills.
- Your wage and allowances are paid by Apprenticeships Are Us in accordance with the relevant Award and other agreements.
- All of the administration and Government paperwork is handled by Apprenticeships Are Us.
- Your training is arranged by Apprenticeships Are Us.
- Your safety equipment (PPE) will be provided to you before you start work.
- You are allocated an Apprentice Employment Manager who will monitor and visit you every few weeks. Your Apprentice Employment Manager will help you if you have any issues or need any further information.
APPRENTICE EMPLOYMENT MANAGERS
The Apprenticeships Are Us team of Apprentice Employment Managers are trade qualified and experienced automotive industry professionals who are there to monitor and support Apprentices, Supervisors and Employers of Apprentices.
MENTORING FOR MY CHILD
As a member of the automotive industry for over a decade, we understand the day-to-day challenges faced by apprentices, dealers, workshops and other industry members. This experience means Apprenticeships Are Us is uniquely positioned to provide apprentices in the industry with quality industry specific support and advice.
If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to contact us on the details provided below, or alternatively you can complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(02) 9891 6900
(02) 9687 3069
Sydney Head Office:
Suite 4.01, Level 4, 1 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Level 3,10/10 Northumberland St, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Unit 4, 38 Tennyson Memorial Avenue Yeerongpilly QLD 4001
(03) 9898 2887